Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mercato

I stumbled upon a new restaurant while going between the two Powells on Couch. I almost tripped over the reader board stating the lunch items of the day. I was intrigued by the listing of onion, ale and gorgonzola soup. The soup sounded yummy and I was hungry. I wandered in and ordered my lunch. They offer a bowl of soup and half a salad or half a Panini for $8. I am very happy to find half orders for lunch. The bowl of onion, ale and gorgonzola soup came in white soup bowl that was lower on one side. The salad was on the side of the soup bowl. The napkins were white cloth, what a treat. The soup was delicious. I was sorry when my bowl was empty. I would like to make the soup at home.

Mercato 904 NW Couch St. Portland, Or 97209 503.219.9966 www.mercatopdx.com

No comments: