Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oaks Park

Oaks park is celebrating its 103 birthday this week end June 7 and 8, 2008 12 to 7 pm. The ride tickets are going to be dirt cheap on those days. Oaks Park is a fun place to visit during Rose festival. It is family friendly and less expensive than the waterfront village. Years ago I had a lot of fun at a children’s day at Oaks Park for the Rose Festival. I dressed up as a clown and helped my Mom who was a profession clown entertain the children.

The skating rink at Oaks Park is a fun happy place. Recently I have been taking my nephew to preschool skate at Oaks Park. The instructor is very good. In addition to showing the children how to skate, she showed them how to stop, fall down and how to get up without stepping on your hands. Until June 11, 2008 10 to 11:30 am $5 admission includes skates. Watch for summer schedule. www.oakspark.com At the foot of the Sellwood bridge, east side.

No comments: