Sunday, May 6, 2007

Art Exhibit and Sale at Oregon Convention Center

Today is the last day of the Arts and Craft Showcase at the Oregon Convention Center. Admission is free. The Portland Handweaver guild has demonstrations showing how the spinning wheels and looms are used. Beautiful textiles are for sale. I liked the shimmer of the rayon and bamboo hand-woven textiles. The Oregon Potter’s Association Ceramic Showcase has over 300 artists displaying their ceramics. I admired an inscribed vase depicting a scene of salmon spawning. I enjoyed all the hand painted tiles. I admired the Mexican potters hand painted cats; each one had a different expression. One cat looked like it was going to sneeze. There are demonstrations, and separate areas for adults and children to work with clay. The Oregon Glass guilds Glass gallery show and sale was impressive. Sue Bradley’s black glass cats with green eyes reminded me of my cats. Chris Hucke’s iridescent purple glass vase caught my eye. The Portland Bead Society bead show has may lovely beaded necklaces. The Metal Arts Guild presents jewelry and metal art. Wow all the gold jewelry for sale. Also a silent auction for CASA. The shows close at 5pm May 6, 2007. Oregon Convention Center 777 NE Martin Luther King Blvd, Portland, OR

No comments: