Friday, December 14, 2007

Peacock Lane

One of my favorite Christmas memories from my childhood is going to look at the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve and then coming back to my grandparents and finding out that Santa had been there. It was very exciting evening for me. I was fairly old before I caught on that one or two adults stayed home and didn’t come with us in the cars to see the lights. Peacock Lane was always one of the lighted streets that we went down. It is still one of my favorites. I like to stroll down the street enjoying the lights at a leisurely pace. It is going to be cold so bundle up to see the lights.

December 15 to December 31, 2007 from 6 pm to 11 pm. Peacock lane is between SE Stark and SE Belmont just east of NE 39th. Take Tri Met bus 15 Belmont to the lane. Parking is hard to find and there is always a traffic jam.

www.peacocklane.net

No comments: