Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ringside Steak House Restaurant Glendonveer

We had a lovely anniversary dinner at Ringside. Ringside is a steak house with a well deserved reputation. If you get on their mailing list they will send you special coupons for birthdays and anniversaries. We had onion rings for an appetizer. Ringside’s onion rings are the best in Portland. I had beef tenderloin and Bruce had prime rib. The menu is a la carte. I had the caesar salad. The presentation of the salad was one that I hadn’t seen before, whole leaves of romaine lettuce topped with whole slices of parmesan cheese topped with anchovies. Good thing that it came with a steak knife because I needed a knife to cut up my salad to bite size. My beef tenderloin was tender and delicious. I had the leftovers for lunch the next two days. For dessert I had cheese cake. They brought us anniversary sundaes with a candle on top. Their wine list is extensive. The mark up on the wine isn’t very much. The Sterling vineyards merlot that we drank was $30 a bottle about $10 more than retail. If you order your food before 5:45 they have early bird discounted entrĂ©es at $25. Offer good also after 9pm. Happy Hour in the bar happens daily: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. to close.

14021 NE Glisan Portland, OR Phone: 503-255-0750

www.ringsidesteakhouse.com

No comments: