Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MagnoliaHoyt Arboretum


Magnolia
Originally uploaded by Mary Anne Thygesen.

Recently I hiked along the Cherry trail to the wildwood trail through the winter garden to the Magnolia trail then back up the hill to the Visitors Center. I was looking for flowering trees. I was disappointed to find that Magnolia Collection had very few blooms open. I checked the dates on my photos from last year. I went too early. I took the pictures of magnolias in late April last year. I intend to go back to hike and take photos. Hopefully the dogwoods will be in bloom then along with the Magnolias.
The Magnolia trail starts by the winter garden. Make sure that you find the sign that says magnolia trail. If you take a different trail like Oak or Beech you will not see the Magnolias. It took me a few tries to find the correct trail.

www.hoytarboretum.org

No comments: