Monday, June 4, 2007

Rose Festival 2007


Centennial Celebration, wow Portland’s version of Mardi Gras is 100 years old. The Star Light parade was last Saturday evening. This Saturday June 9, 2007 is the Grand Floral parade. I watch the parade on the east side. I arrive early in the morning and find a seat close to the curb. Currently People are out there camping on the curb saving their spot. It is a friendly party atmosphere. The police stop all traffic on the parade route a couple hours before the parade. I bring side walk chalk and decorate the street before the parade. I draw butterflies and flowers and what ever else that I am asked to draw. I share my chalk with the children around me. Bubbles are a lot of fun. I have a lot of fun waiting for the parade. This parade has been a very important part of my life. I was in the parade as a child. Read the story on Oregonlive blog http://blog.oregonlive.com/rosefestivalstories/2007/04/riding_on_the_girl_scout_float.html
I have marched in the starlight parade. Basically I love a parade. Find my photos at www.flickr.com/photos/maryannethygesen

www.rosefestival.org

No comments: